Why Hogan Prep Academy?
Hogan Prep is an engaged and nurturing community of leaders, educators, and mentors who work closely with our students to help them unlock their greatest potential. By partnering with our families and the local community, we meet each student where they enter our system and work to create an individualized plan for success.
Our focus is on the whole student. And while we are preparing them for college and career success, we are also arming them with skills that help them make a successful transition into adulthood. They will leave Hogan Prep with a distinct competitive advantage as well as the passion to continue unlocking their greatest potential.
Per Board Policy 2200.2.1:
Priority enrollment will be given in the following order in accordance with the charter and in accordance with Board Policy 2200.1:
1. Currently enrolled students
2. Children of full time faculty and staff
3. Siblings of students currently enrolled on the date of the lottery
4. All other eligible students
What is a Charter School?
Charter schools are independently-operated public schools that have the freedom to design classrooms that meet their students’ needs. All charter schools operate under a contract with a charter school authorizer – usually a nonprofit organization, government agency, or university – that holds them accountable to the high standards outlined in their “charter.”
Each charter school is unique – both inside and out. Some focus on college prep, some follow a STEM curriculum, and others integrate the arts into each subject. Some charter schools require uniforms, others have longer school days, and some teach their entire curriculum in two languages. The possibilities are endless, but charter schools aim to provide a range of options so that parents can choose the public school that best fits their child.
The reasons that parents choose charter schools for their children are just as unique as the students themselves. They choose charter schools because of the strong, dedicated teachers, because the school's focus matches their child’s needs, or simply because their child was struggling in their assigned public school and needed to try something new. Charter schools provide families with options in public education, allowing parents to take a more active role in their child’s education.
From the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which grades do you serve?
- Do you provide transportation services?
- How much does the school cost?
- Is there a before or after school program available?
- Are uniforms required?
- How do I submit a completed enrollment application?
- How do I start the application process for my child to attend Hogan as a new student?
- Do I need to bring my student's transcript to Hogan from their previous school?
- Once I receive an acceptance email for my student, are they enrolled?